SAQA / CATHSSETA ID: 14113
Course Name: National Certificate: Food and Beverage Services (Full Qualification)
NQF Level: 4
- Mathematics at NQF Level 3.
- Communication at NQF Level 3.
- Learners should have a basic comprehension of English.
- Basic reading and writing skills are required.
- Basic calculations.
- Cleaning materials & equipment.
- Customer care principles.
- Different glasses, crockery & cutlery.
- Different table settings.
- Different wines, spirits & liqueurs.
- Health, hygiene, safety & security.
- Layout, services & facilities of the organisation.
- Payment methods.
- Sectors of the Hospitality, Travel & Tourism Industry.
- Stock management & storage.
- Telephone etiquette.
- Deal with customers.
- Process incoming and outgoing telephone calls.
- Display Cultural Awareness in dealing with Customers & Colleagues.
- Communicate verbally.
- Maintain effective working relationships with other members of staff.
- Maintain health, hygiene and professional appearance.
- Prepare written communications.
- Handle and store cleaning equipment and materials.
- Handle and dispose of waste.
- Clean and store glassware.
- Clean and restock drinks machines / equipment.
- Prepare and clear areas for table service.
- Provide a table service.
- Provide a table drink service.
- Provide a carvery / buffet service.
- Serve bottled wines.
- Prepare and serve wine.
- Prepare and serve spirits and liqueurs.
- Maintain the table service.
- Maintain the drink service.
- Supervise the running of a function.
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment.
- Conduct on-job coaching.
- Operate a payment point and process payments.
- Develop self within the job role.
- Source information about self-employment opportunities.
- Handle and record refunds.
- Maintain customer satisfaction.
- Maintain the receipt, storage and issue of goods.
- Planning and deliver staff training and development in own area of responsibility.
- Contribute to the identification of short term supply needs.
- Maintain the cleaning programme for own area of responsibility.
- Induct new staff to the workplace.
- Planning, organise & monitor work in own area of responsibility.
- Monitor and maintain health, safety and security.
- Maintain a preventative maintenance programme.
- Questionnaires on theory.
- Assignments on workplace implementation.
- Practical assessment on all aspects of preparing and providing a table and drink service in a bar, club, restaurant, lodge, hotel or guesthouse.
- Drum Beat Academy and CATHSSETA certificate.
What do I do now?
- Fill in the quick contact form to the right and we’ll get back to you.
- You can also phone us on:
- Call Centre: 0860 10 36 35
- Pretoria: 012 460 9585
- Cape Town: 021 300 0690
- Durban: 031 100 1168
- Johannesburg: 011 568 0773