SAQA / CATHSSETA ID: 67461 (Old ID 64470)
Course Name: FET Certificate : Event Support (Full Qualification)
NQF Level: 4
- Communication at NQF Level 3
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 3
- National and International events industry.
- History and current developments in the events industry.
- Different types of events contexts.
- Events protocols.
- Various events stakeholders.
- Relevant legislation and regulations / permits.
- Employment categories and functions.
- Professional conduct and ethics.
- Protocol relating to government, religious groups, royalty and foreign dignitaries.
- Diversity in South African society.
- Cultural awareness of various cultural groups in South Africa.
- Relevant aspects of the South African Constitution.
- Principles of customer service.
- Qualitative and Quantitative research methodologies.
- Methods for analysing research.
- Different event genres.
- Event genre terminology.
- Different elements of an event.
- Occupational health and safety.
- Emergency requirements.
- Method of preventing safety and emergency incidents.
- Potential hazards.
- Banking processes, including internet and manual banking.
- Basic banking principles, including reconciling bank statements against cash book and credit card transactions.
- South African culture, history, politics, geography and infrastructure and local area.
- Strategies and methods for meeting customer needs and expectations.
- Telephone techniques.
- Programme design based on objectives.
- Developing an operations plan for an event/recreation programme.
- Various components of a business plan.
- Different financial reports and the importance of financial reporting.
- Operate in the national and international events industry.
- Apply requirements associated with responsible events.
- Operate within an events organisation.
- Function in a Team.
- Apply business protocol.
- Apply professional conduct in the work place.
- Adhere to codes of ethics in the work place.
- Recognise customer dissatisfaction and take the appropriate action to resolve the situation.
- Handle customer complaints.
- Communicate with all customers in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Accommodate and plan for diversity and special needs in a service environment.
- Plan, conduct, evaluate and write a report on a research project.
- Execute event support tasks according to the work schedule.
- Evaluate the event from an operational perspective.
- Assist in determining market attitude.
- Perform administrative and support activities for a promotion.
- Implement the policy to promote the prevention of safety and emergency incidents.
- Manage emergency incidents.
- Perform event security.
- Direct crowds at an event.
- Process petty cash transactions.
- Process payments.
- Process banking transactions.
- Determine logistical requirements applicable to an event.
- Co-ordinate logistical arrangements for an event.
- Perform logistic administration for an event.
- Implement and maintain personal and team task lists.
- Arrange and finalise dates for a meeting/event.
- Arrange and book venue and catering for a meeting/event.
- Make travel, car hire and accommodation arrangements.
- Assemble and distribute documentation for a meeting/event in good/sufficient time.
- Perform a simple needs analysis to plan an event/community recreation programme.
- Design a simple event/community recreation programme based on the results of the needs analysis.
- Develop and implement an operation plan for a simple event/community recreation programme.
- Prepare all entry/registration forms and tickets.
- Prepare a budget for the event.
- Develop a contingency plan.
- Prepare a schedule/time table for a simple event/community recreation programme.
- Co-ordinate the implementation of a simple event/community recreation programme.
- Evaluate and review a simple event/community recreation programme.
- Compile a business plan.
- Monitor actual performance of the organisation against the budget.
- Questionnaires on theory.
- Assignments on workplace implementation.
- Practical assessment on all aspects of research, design, planning, co-ordination & evaluation of an event.
- Drum Beat Academy and CATHSSETA certificate.
What do I do now?
- Fill in the quick contact form to the right and we’ll get back to you.
- You can also phone us on:
- Call Centre: 0860 10 36 35
- Pretoria: 012 460 9585
- Cape Town: 021 300 0690
- Durban: 031 100 1168
- Johannesburg: 011 568 0773