SAQA / CATHSSETA ID: 14110
Course Name: National Certificate: Accommodation Services (Full Qualification)
NQF Level: 2
- It is assumed that a GEC certificate or equivalent has been obtained by the candidate at level 1.
- Learners should have a basic comprehension of English.
- Basic reading and writing skills are required.
- Basic calculations.Cleaning equipment & materials.
- Customer care & principles.
- Different linen & bed coverings.
- Different floors & floor coverings.
- Health, hygiene, safety and security.
- Layout, services and facilities of organisation.
- Sectors of the Hospitality, Travel and Tourism Industry.
- Stock management.
- Telephone etiquette.
- Deal with customers.
- Process incoming and outgoing telephone calls.
- Display Cultural Awareness in dealing with Customers & Colleagues.
- Maintain effective working relationships with other members of staff.
- Perform basic calculations and communicate verbally and non-verbally.
- Prepare beds and handle linen and bed coverings.
- Service toilets and bathroom areas.
- Service guest bedroom areas.
- Clean floors and floor coverings.
- Handle and store cleaning equipment and materials.
- Handle and dispose of waste.
- Maintain the housekeeping service.
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment.
- Conduct on-the-job coaching.
- Develop self within the job role.
- Source information about self-employment opportunities.
- Maintain customer satisfaction.
- Maintain the receipt, storage and issue of goods.
- Contribute to the identification of short term supply needs.
- Maintain the cleaning programme for own area of responsibility.
- Induct new staff to the workplace.
- Plan, organise & monitor work in own area of responsibility.
- Monitor and maintain health, safety and security.
- Maintain a preventative maintenance programme.
- Control and order stock.
- Questionnaires on theory.
- Assignments on workplace implementation.
- Practical assessment on providing and maintaining all aspects of accommodation services in a lodge, hotel or guesthouse.
- Drum Beat Academy and CATHSSETA Certificate.
What do I do now?
- Fill in the quick contact form to the right and we’ll get back to you.
- You can also phone us on:
- Call Centre: 0860 10 36 35
- Pretoria: 012 460 9585
- Cape Town: 021 300 0690
- Durban: 031 100 1168
- Johannesburg: 011 568 0773