SAQA / CATHSSETA ID: HSP/BarAtt/2/0027
Course Name: Bar Attendant Skills Program
NQF Level: 2
Drum Beat Academy offer a CATHSSETA accredited Bar Attendant course. This skills program will enhance your skills as a Bartender for Restaurants, Guesthouses, Lodges or Hotels.
This program is presented at the workplace for a minimum group of 6 employed learners.
- Learners should have a basic comprehension of English.
- Basic reading, writing and mathematical skills are required.
- 55 days (Including theory and practical).
- Layout, services & facilities of the organisation.
- Health, hygiene, safety & security.
- Basic calculations.
- Different payment methods.
- Telephone etiquette.
- Different glassware & equipment.
- Liquor laws.
- Different wines, spirits, liqueurs and cocktails.
- Maintain health, hygiene & professional appearance.
- Maintain safe & secure working environment.
- Operate a payment point & process payments.
- Maintain effective working relationships with other members of staff.
- Communicate verbally.
- Process incoming and outgoing telephone calls.
- Provide customer service.
- Clean & store glassware.
- Clean & restock drinks machine / equipment.
- Prepare & clear areas for drink service.
- Serve bottled wines.
- Prepare & serve cocktails
- Maintain kegs & gas cylinders for use.
- Maintain cellars / beverage store room.
- Provide a drinks service for licensed premises.
- Practical assessment on serving customers in the bar.
- Questionnaire on theory.
- Assignment on workplace implementation.
- Drum Beat Academy and CATHSSETA Certificate.
What do I do now?
- Fill in the quick contact form to the right and we’ll get back to you.
- You can also phone us on:
- Call Centre: 0860 10 36 35
- Pretoria: 012 460 9585
- Cape Town: 021 300 0690
- Durban: 031 100 1168
- Johannesburg: 011 568 0773