SAQA / CATHSSETA ID: 14115
Course Name: National Certificate: Fast Food Services (Full Qualification)
NQF Level: 3
- It is assumed that a GEC certificate or equivalent has been obtained by the candidate at level 1.
- Learners should have a basic comprehension of English.
- Basic reading and writing skills are required.
- Basic calculations.
- Cleaning materials & equipment.
- Customer care principles.
- Different cooking methods.
- Different fruit, vegetables & breads.
- Different knives, utensils & equipment.
- Different meat, poultry & fish cuts.
- Health, hygiene, safety & security.
- Layout, services & facilities of the organisation.
- Payment methods.
- Sectors of the Hospitality, Travel & Tourism Industry.
- Stock management & storage.
- Telephone etiquette.
- Operate a computer.
- Deal with customers.
- Process incoming and outgoing telephone calls.
- Display Cultural Awareness in dealing with Customers & Colleagues.
- Communicate verbally.
- Maintain effective working relationships with other members of staff.
- Maintain health hygiene and professional appearance.
- Prepare written communications.
- Maintain hygiene in food preparation, cooking and storage.
- Accept and store food deliveries.
- Prepare and clear areas for table, counter and take-away service.
- Provide a counter and take-away service.
- Maintain secure working environment.
- Maintain a safe working environment.
- Conduct on-job coaching.
- Operate a payment point and process payments.
- Develop self within the job role.
- Source information about self-employment opportunities.
- Handle and record refunds.
- Maintain customer satisfaction.
- Maintain the receipt, storage and issue of goods.
- Contribute to the identification of short term supply needs.
- Maintain a cleaning programme for own area of responsibility.
- Provide First Aid.
- Monitor and maintain health, safety and security.
- Questionnaires on theory.
- Assignments on workplace implementation.
- Practical assessment on all aspects of preparing, cooking and serving food in a fast food outlet, restaurant or cafeteria.
- Drum Beat Academy and CATHSSETA Certificate.
What do I do now?
- Fill in the quick contact form to the right and we’ll get back to you.
- You can also phone us on:
- Call Centre: 0860 10 36 35
- Pretoria: 012 460 9585
- Cape Town: 021 300 0690
- Durban: 031 100 1168
- Johannesburg: 011 568 0773